An anniversary is a journey back in time. 150 years is a long time and this links to the longer journey back to when this continent of Australia was inhabited only by its indigenous population.
Framlingham was originally a reserve for the Girai wurrung people, Gunditjmara from Warrnambool, and for reluctant Djargurd Wurrung. The Church of England first managed the settlement which was closed by a government board in 1867 in order for the people to be moved to Lake Condah. But to most of the aborigines this was or had become their country and they fought for and won the right to reestablish. In 1971 through the selling off of the land the settlement had been reduced from 14sq km to 2.37 sq km and ownership was handed over to an aboriginal trust.
We enjoyed a talk on Bush Tucker delivered by Brett Clarke with photos by